A historical church looks to the future.
In 1853, Rev. Adam Bland was sent to "Evangelize the Rowdy and Incorrigible Southland."
He began by gathering new settlers of Los Angeles in the El Dorado Saloon on Fort Street. Soon, the congregation began to grow and the First Protestant Church in Los Angeles was built: Fort Street Methodist Episcopal Church.
The Reverend George W. White, D.D. was the third president of the University of Southern California. He held office from 1895 to 1899. At the time of his appointment, he was presiding elder of the Los Angeles District of the Methodist Episcopal Conference.